Personal chefs are in demand these days because of the convenience as well as the health and economic benefits they offer. Although many think that having a personal chef is only for the well-off, having someone to cook for you is actually for everyone. In fact, utilizing a personal chef is often more economical and healthier than eating out or even preparing a meal on your own.
As a private chef, your main responsibility is to prepare meals for the family and household staff. Other duties include shopping, meal or menu planning, meal preparation, and clean-up. Aside from this, you may also be asked to cook and prepare meals during special occasions, holidays, events, and celebrations, and offer various meal options including:
- Pre-made meals ready for heating
- A selection of various cuisines
- Meals to accommodate specific diets such as vegetarian, vegan, kosher, low-fat, etc.
- Meals to accommodate specific household budget
- Meals to accommodate food sensitivities and allergies